Two weeks...

Two weeks from today I will be on my way to Ethiopia with Children’s Hopechest (http://www.hopechest.org/). We are visiting eight orphanages over ten days in an effort to determine how we might help them meet any needs they may have. We will also be spending time with the kids.

I’m looking forward to the trip. When we adopted Daniel last year, Lori and I made a commitment to continue to identify ways to work with the great people of Ethiopia. We met a lot of wonderful people, and I can’t wait to return and find ways to contribute to the countless needs there.

We’ve received some great donations from local groups; 80 toothbrushes and 76 tubes of toothpaste from our dentist, socks, vitamins, soap, shoes, balls, band aids, shoes and more from friends. We’ve also received monetary donations. We’ll be using that money to pool with the other folks traveling so we can purchase items while in country. Another group, visiting Uganda, used their combined money to purchase mattresses for one of the orphanages, and mosquito nets for a large group of kids.

If you’re interested in making a donation, there are two ways to contribute. You can visit the Children’s Hopechest web site. Make sure you specify your donation is for the upcoming Ethiopia mission trip and include my name.

The other way to contribute is via our blog (http://laughners.blogspot.com). If you make your donation via our blog, we’ll send you your choice of t-shirt for every $25 you donate (we have two designs – the newer Ethiopia adoption shirt, and last year’s “They Are Precious in His Sight” shirts and bags).

If I’m able, I’ll be blogging my trip. I’ll also be taking lots of pictures and video.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers.

Tom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT'S A BOY!

Day Four (tomorrow we go home)