Day 6 in Ethiopia (Lori)

Sidama/Hawassa

Day 6

This morning we started out with breakfast again. The monkeys were back which is entertaining.
Tamenech's family were supposed to stop by from 10-12 to say their good byes. We started seeing them arrive before 9. I had soccer balls and jump ropes out for fun. They were having a good old time.
We then had a few special gifts that Tamenech picked out for her sister and Grandma but, then decided to give to two her aunts also. 
 
Many people were there and it took a lot of explaining that there were other gifts being brought out later.
We had the photo books made for grandma and sister. She also gave them a locket necklace with her picture in it and heart necklaces to show how much she loves then.
 
Grandma and sister also got Columbia zip ups different colors but matching to Tamenech's, and a special blanket (made by Shirley Pearson. She also took her lacrosse jacket to give to her sister. She had two other columbia sweat shirts which she gave to two of her aunts.
 
I think we hurt some feeling by not having special gift for everyone. At the end of the visit
 
Tamenech handed out candy, little toys, jump ropes, soccer balls, and 150 pounds of donations for them to share our fight over.
 
We also gave monetary donations to those closest to Tamenech. We then have a donation to the church we visited and helped with Daniel's baptism.
 
I had a rough morning, I have had a cold/ sinus infection but kept up with all the activity. I started an antibiotic for a few days and I think I had an allergic reaction. 
 
I saw some of her family for the first hour and then I went to lay down. I was a little scared of how I was feeling. 
 
Right as Tamenech was getting ready to say her goodbyes, another family approached. Their daughter was adopted from Sidama and was going to do her birth family reunion. She is from Minnesota. They exchanged numbers. 
 
Tom, Tamenech, and Daniel were there for the donations and good byes. There were many tears. Our time in Sidama had come to an end. 
 
We drove to Hawassa, to the Haile Resort.
 
We had all afternoon for rest and relaxation. 
 
I need this break, and I don't think I am alone. 
 
The swimming pool over looks Lake Hawassa.
 
It is such a nice place.
 
Again Yonas and Mr Gold are amazing and we couldn't do this with out them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT'S A BOY!

Reunions (Tom)